Tuesday, July 10, 2007

A little twist to "Pudla"

When I came back home from class I was tired and was in no mood to make the full fledge meal. So I got an idea of making pudla. But I always want to experiment and push the creativity a little further. I added cilantro, 2 green chillies and some wheat flour along with chickpea (besan) flour. I like the idea of adding cilantro into the batter. And now I am planning to make thepla with finely chopped cilantro into the dough. New experiments are always exciting so can't wait to try that. I am sorry I dont have a pic, but if possible I will post it later.

3 comments:

Kanan said...

I'm not someone who spends free time learning new foodie items but I have to admit. Maulik, your cooking posts are really making me want to go in kitchen and experiment. Btw, I have an online collection of some recipes, in case you're interested in checking them out:
http://www.geocities.com/kananj/recipes.html
They are all tried and experimented with so guarantee is that if you try it the way I did, you are good to go! ;)

Pudla will be my next project! I am thinking to try and sweet and salty ones both. *yummm* Keep the cooking posts coming.

maulik13 said...

Wow! Thanks I didnt know I could be inspiration in cooking :) And thanks for the recipe page I will save and try on some items like Kadhi which I made only once a long time back and it did not turn well so.

But I love the way you can change the whole taste by mixing only one item or removing one. I want to do anything where creativity can be applied.

maulik13 said...

I have made my own recipe, palak rice :) Will post pretty soon.